FarBand® Ultra fibre complies with or exceeds the ITU-T G.654.B/E recommendation and IEC 60793-2-50 B1.2 specification.
- Larger effective area reduces nonlinear effect and enables higher signal power launched into the transmission system
- Enable higher transmission speeds with more wavelengths over ultra long-haul distances
- Lower attenuation level which meets the demand of extended long distance transmission
- High blowing speed up to 50m/min, and long blowing distance up to 1000m
- Reduce number of repeaters and minimize CAPEX and OPEX
- Lower bending induced loss to meet complicated deployment conditions and cable structures
How to calculate the contribution of larger effective area and lower attenuation?
Based on the formula of OSNR, lower attenuation and larger effective area will increase OSNR of optical transmission system. And FOM (Figure of Merit) is established to calculate the contribution of effective area and attenuation. As shown in the table, YOFC ultra low loss and large effective area fibre can provide greater performance improvement than ultra low loss fibre below, or low loss and large effective fibre.